Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light
of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure everyone's safety.
You will see new changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken for everyone's protection:
· Arrival procedures will minimize contacting surfaces.
· Sterilizers are continuously tested and certified by a third-party laboratory (as we have done for the past many years!)
· Magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind have been removed.
· Hand sanitizers are (as always) positioned throughout the office.
· We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office. (They will obviously be removed in the treatment rooms.)
· Sneeze guards have been installed at the reception area.
· An oral pre-rinse is required by all patients prior to treatment to reduce bacteria and viruses.
· Your temperature will be recorded upon entering the office.
· Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
· Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients. This includes more time between patients in order to allow aerosols to be eliminated using hospital grade disinfectants.
· Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
· Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV germicidal lights installed to destroy pathogens from the air.
· Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
· New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and high-level filtrations masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
· Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched subconsciously.
· Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
· Providing teledentistry services for follow up appointments or aligner changes that can be done online or through video education.
· Installed enhanced water filtration in each operatory.
We ask that when you arrive, to ring the doorbell or call us to let us know you have arrived. We will notify you of when it is then safe to enter the office. In addition, please do not bring any children or additional members to your appointment unless necessary.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 212.213.6622 or email us directly at email@example.com .
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
- Dr Ben & Dr Nancy